For Fotolog to be a fun experience for everyone, it comes down to this:
1. Respect others and their work.
2. Respect the Fotolog environment and the people that work hard to keep it usable and enjoyable.
* Fotolog is a place to share your daily photos. Don’t upload other people’s photos to your Fotolog page. Period. It’s disrespectful and, in many cases, it’s against the law.
* We want Fotolog to be a place that anybody can enjoy.
o - No nudity, no flaunting, and no sexual content. No naked breasts, no naked crotches, no naked butts, no provocative lingerie, underwear, or posing – even artistic and drawn images have to have clothing on.
o - No images that contain gore, blood, excessive injuries, weaponry, illegal activities, illegal substances, or violence are allowed; fake violence, fake blood, or violence against animals are still considered abusive.
o - Hateful, discriminatory, or defamatory images/content are not permitted. Fotolog does not discriminate based on age, sex, race, gender, nationality, sexual preference, culture, or religion and will not tolerate such discrimination on the site.
o - No foul language – not in your username, the title of your Fotolog page, your photo captions, your guestbook messages, etc.
o - You are responsible for any image uploaded to your account; whether it’s there for two days or two minutes, the uploading of abusive content can and will be considered cause for deactivation.
* Don't use our interface to spread spam. That includes:
o - Repeated requests to people you don’t know to visit your Fotolog page or add you to their friends list.
o - Chain letters.
o - Marketing messages for your non-Fotolog websites and businesses.
o - Harmful links to phishing sites, obscene content, malware, or other malicious content.
o - The use of automated services to leave messages in multiple guestbooks will not be tolerated.
* If you come across someone violating these guidelines, please follow these steps:
o - If the abusive content is a picture, report it to us using the Report This Photo link located beneath every picture.
o - For any other form of abuse, please use the Help link to contact us and we’ll look into the issue as soon as possible. One report is sufficient.
* We are constantly working on new functionality that will allow you to protect your Fotolog page from unwanted participation by other people, but remember – it’s the Internet. You’re sharing your photos in a public forum. You have to expect other people to do or say things you don’t always agree with.
* Please also remember, there are millions of Fotolog members, so think twice before you send us that email that says “I demand justice because someone called me a name” – there’s not much we can do and it distracts our volunteers from taking care of legitimate problems.
* Fraud or other abusive behaviors are strictly prohibited. Fotolog is first and foremost a community, and such behavior is unacceptable.
* Any reported violation of these guidelines is grounds for a deactivation.
o - Ultimately, you are responsible for the content and actions of your accounts; keep it safe by not sharing your password or letting others sign up for an account using your email address. Remember: when one account is deactivated, all associated accounts are deactivated.
o - Deactivation is permanent and can occur without warning; please make sure you read and understand these guidelines before uploading content.
As groups are a little different from a standard member page, they require a couple of extra guidelines:
* All pictures uploaded to groups must:
o - Be on topic for the group
o - Abide by the rest of these guidelines
* Group managers have the right to delete any picture on their group that they deem to be ‘off-topic’. If you disagree with the group manager, start your own group!
* Spamming a group with off-topic images can and will get your account deactivated. Just don't do it.
Once again: other Fotolog members are human beings and have feelings – please respect each other! And, have fun being part of the world’s biggest photo-blogging community.